Fault With Bottleneck
Seismograms of the y-component of velocity of a receiver line crossing the fault. Above the seismograms the distribution of maximum amplitude of S- and FZ-waves for each trace is shown. The solid line (FZ) corresponds to the FZ-wave, the dotted line (S) to the direct S-wave. The grey rectangle denotes the stations located directly above the fault. One tickmark of the amplitude scale corresponds to the maximum S-wave amplitude of all receivers. The seismograms and amplitudes are drawn to scale.
- Left: Bottleneck of 13 1/3 FZ-widths extension in depth
- Center: Bottleneck of 6 2/3 FZ-widths extension in depth
(corresponds to the Basic Fault Movie)
- Right: Bottleneck of 3 1/3 FZ-widths extension in depth
- Left: Wave forms and spectra of the y-component of the FZ-waves. Additionally, the source spectrum is shown.
- Right: Envelopes of the FZ-waves.