Fault With Small Scale Heterogeneities
Cross section of the model and seismograms of the y-component of velocity of a receiver line crossing the fault. Above the seismograms the distribution of maximum amplitude of S- and FZ-waves for each trace is shown. The solid line (FZ) corresponds to the FZ-wave, the dotted line (S) to the direct S-wave. The grey rectangle denotes the stations located directly above the fault. One tickmark of the amplitude scale corresponds to the maximum S-wave amplitude of all receivers. The seismograms and amplitudes are drawn to scale.
- Left: Cross section of the 3D velocity variations within the FZ
- Center: Seismograms for a reference model with uniform seismic FZ properties which corresponds to the average of the inhomogeneous model.
- Right: Seismograms for a fault with small scale inhomogeneitiesBottom:
- Left: Wave forms and spectra of the y-component of the FZ-waves. Additionally, the source spectrum is shown.
- Right: Envelopes of the FZ-waves.